NEWS TRENDING: Osinbajo & Igbo Quit Notice, Aisha Buhari & Enemies, Osinbajo & Impeachment Plot, Trumps Aid, Melaye & INEC, Mrs. Jonathan & NDLEA

News . News Flash - Copy

Igbo quit notice: Osinbajo, protect our people in the North – Southern leaders; Hyenas & Jackals will soon be sent out of the kingdom – Aisha Buhari; Aisha Buhari returns from UK, says President Buhari recovering very fast; I am not part of any plot to remove Osinbajo – Bala Mohammed; Nigeria & three other countries  get Trump’s $639m Aid; INEC shuns court ruling, continues Sen. Melaye’s recall process; NDLEA denies ‘harassing’ Patience Jonathan . . .

Igbo quit notice: Osinbajo, protect our people in the North – Southern leaders

Igbo quit notice . SouthEast SouthSouth

Ahead of the October 1 deadline given the Igbo to vacate the North Southern leaders, on Monday, tasked Acting President Yemi Osinbajo to unfold actions and plans by the administration to protect southerners living in Northern Nigeria. Leaders from the three southern geopolitical zones met in Lagos just as Southeast and South-South governors entered into another meeting in Enugu, to articulate common positions on issues. Eight of the 11 governors from the two regions had arrived as the meeting got underway last night. The southern leaders, who met in Lagos, comprising mostly former office holders, also warned that an attack on any southerner would be seen as an attack on all southerners.

Hyenas & Jackals will soon be sent out of the kingdom – Aisha Buhari

Aisha Buhari

Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, has a message for the ‘hyenas and jackals’ scheming against her husband, President Muhammadu Buhari. Mrs Buhari stated this in reaction to Senator Shehu Sani’s post in which he blasted those scheming on how to take over power, God forbid, if President Buhari dies.

Aisha Buhari made this known on her Facebook page on Monday:

Buhari . Aisha

Aisha Buhari returns from UK, says President Buhari recovering very fast

Buhari  . Aisha

The wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has said her husband, President Muhammadu Buhari was recovering very well and fast, and will soon return to the country. Nigeria’s First Lady expressed her warmest gratitude to Nigerians for their support to her husband’s administration. She spoke shortly after arriving at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, in the early hours of Sunday.

Photo above: Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, addressing State House Correspondents shortly after her arrival in Abuja on Tuesday (6/6/17) from United Kingdom where she went to visit her husband, who is on medical vacation in London. Mrs. Buhari conveyed the appreciation of President Muhammadu Buhari to all Nigerians over their constant prayers and support, saying the President will soon return to the country, hale and hearty.

I am not part of any plot to remove Osinbajo – Bala Mohammed

FCT . Ex Minister of FCT, Sen. Bala Mohammed

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Senator Bala Mohammed (photo: right) has washed his hands off the allegations of any conspiracy to unseat Acting President Yemi Osinbajo from office. Reacting to reports linking him to a plot in Saudi Arabia, Mohammed said that it’s the handwork of “political opportunists and agent provocateur” especially from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a statement he explained that his mission to Saudi Arabia was to fulfill his religious obligations. He said: “I was not invited to such a meeting, if it held at all. And even if I had been invited I would not have attended for reasons that are all too obvious. My antecedents are so well established that to associate me with a clandestine parochial project aimed at subverting the constitution will negate everything that I stand for and cherish. “No matter how anybody feels, it must be acknowledged that Yemi Osinbajo is today occupying the position of acting President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the grace of God.

Nigeria & three other countries  get Trump’s $639m Aid

United States President, Donald J. Trump, at the weekend promised $639 million in aid to feed people facing starvation because of drought and conflict in North-east Nigeria ravaged by the Boko Haram insurgency, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen.

$121 million will go to Nigeria, according to Rob Jenkins, Acting Head, Bureau of Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance at the US Agency for International Development (USAID). $191 million will go to Yemen, $199 million to South Sudan and nearly $126 million to Somalia.

Trump . Donald Trump.

Hon. Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America

With this new assistance, the US is providing additional emergency food and nutrition assistance, life-saving medical care, improved sanitation, emergency shelter and protection for those who have been affected by conflict,” USAID said in a statement President Trump’s pledge came during a working session of the G20 summit of world leaders in Hamburg, Germany, the UN World Food Program (WFP), Executive Director, David Beasley, said on the sidelines of the meeting, according to Reuters.

Trump’s announcement came after his administration proposed sharp cuts in funding for the US State Department and other humanitarian missions as part of his “America First” policy.

INEC shuns court ruling, continues Sen. Melaye’s recall process

INEC logo

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday posted the notice of verification for the recall of the senator representing Kogi West Senatorial district, Dino Melaye, despite a court ruling ordering the electoral body to maintain “status quo.” According to the notice posted at INEC’s office in Lokoja, Kogi State, the verification would hold across all polling units in the senatorial district on August 19.

As part of Melaye’s recall process, petitioners had submitted the details of 188,588 registered voters in Kogi West who signed the petition. Justice John Tsoho of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had, on Friday, asked INEC and the lawmaker to maintain “status quo” pending the hearing of a motion in a suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/587/2017 and filed by Sen. Melaye to seek an interlocutory injunction.

Dino Melaye

Sen. Dino Melaye

Melaye, through his suit, urged the court to declare the petitions submitted to the Chairman of INEC, Prof. Yakubu Mahmood, as “illegal, unlawful, wrongful, unconstitutional, invalid, null, void and of no effect whatsoever.” He also asked the court to void the recall process on the grounds that it was commenced in breach of his fundamental rights to fair hearing.

NDLEA denies ‘harassing’ Patience Jonathan

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Monday denied allegations that it was harassing a former first lady Mrs. Patience Jonathan. The agency, which referred to the accusations as spurious and misleading, said it was not investigating Mrs. Jonathan.

NDLEA . logo

In a statement issued by the NDLEA spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju, the anti-narcotics agency said it does not harass citizens. Mrs. Jonathan had petitioned the House of Representatives last week alleging harassment of her family by security agencies, including NDLEA and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the charge.

Patience Jonathan 1

Ex-First Lady, Patience Jonathan 

“No former first lady has been harassed like this before, and in view of the sacrifices that her husband has made for the country, the House should consider and call the security agencies to order,” Bright Tamuno, the lawmaker representing Okrika Federal Constituency in Rivers State, said while presenting the petition at the House’s plenary last Thursday.

© 2017 Niger Reporters & Co. | A news aggregation website

Comments are closed.