Recent photos of kidnapped Chibok girls obtained from Boko Haram hideout

Chibok Girls

See photos of the Chibok Schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram 2 years ago. The girls in captivity have grown . . .

Exactly 2 years after over 200 girls were abducted from a Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state, NigerianEye obtained a video, courtesy, CNN purportedly showing 15 missing Chibok girls after 2 years in Boko Haram captivity.

Tagged proof of life recording, the 2 minutes video believed to have been shot in December last year, was obtained from one of the people negotiating for the release of the girls.

The video shows some of the girls mentioning their names while a portion of the video shows some of their mothers identifying the girls.

Rifkatu Ayuba who is one of the mothers of the girls saw her 17 year old daughter Saratu for the first time after the video was shown to her

“My Saratu!” she wailed, reaching out to a laptop screen, the closest she’s been to her child in two years. “I felt like removing her from the screen. If I could, I would have removed her from the screen.”she said.

A source close to negotiations between Boko Haram and the Nigerian govt said the video was provided by the terror group as an act of good faith.

CNN obtained a video of some of the “Chibok Girls” sent to negotiators by their captors as a “proof of life.”

The video had been seen by negotiators and some members of the government.

But no one had shown the parents. Until now.

See the photos, below:

Parents of the Chibok schoolgirls cry as they identify their girls in the video shown on a lap top

Rifkatu Ayuba catches sight of her long-lost, desperately missed, now 17-year-old. “My Saratu!” she wails, reaching out to a laptop screen, the closest she’s been to her child in two years. She is desperate to comfort her little girl, but helpless. 

Saratu Ayuba is one of 15 girls seen in the recording shown to some of the families for the first time at an emotional meeting this week. Wearing a purple abaya, with a patterned brown scarf covering her hair, Saratu stares directly into the camera.
“I felt like removing her from the screen,” Ayuba tells us, desperate to pluck Saratu from the mysterious location where she is being held and bring her home. “If I could, I would have removed her from the screen.” 

The video is believed to have been made last December as part of negotiations between the government and Boko Haram. 

It was released by someone keen to give the girls’ parents hope that some of their daughters are still alive, and to motivate the government to help release them. 

The girls, their hair covered and wearing long, flowing robes, line up against a dirty yellow wall. They show no obvious signs of maltreatment.

As the camera focuses in on each of them, a man behind the camera fires off questions: “What’s your name? Was that your name at school? Where were you taken from?”

Pictures of the Chibok schoolgirls below
 
One by one, each of the Chibok schoolgirls calmly states her name and explains that she was taken from Chibok Government Secondary School. Only the occasional hesitation betrays a flicker of fear and emotion.
As the two minute clip comes to an end, one of the girls, Naomi Zakaria, makes a final — apparently scripted — appeal to whoever is watching, urging the Nigerian authorities to help reunite the girls with their families.

“I am speaking on 25 December 2015, on behalf of the all the Chibok girls and we are all well,” she says, stressing the word “all.” Her intonation seems to imply that the 15 teens seen in the video have been chosen to represent the group as a whole.

NigerianEye recalls that today makes it exactly 2 years since the girls were abducted from their school, Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state.

Most of the 276 girls taken from Chibok on April 14, 2014

 
(Credits; CNN, YouTube)
______________________________
NR | Chibok Schoolgirls

Comments are closed.